Monday 10 September 2012

Favourite things.



It was just after we had moved in, whilst at a local auction with girlfriends when I spotted this this gem of a wardrobe. It was in a state and had a damp dirty odour to it's interior so I took pity on it and placed the only bid in the house for it.   Being unwanted, I got it for a bargain price but then I fretted all the way home that M would think I had wasted our money, admittedly only a small amount. 

As M was away on a fishing trip (he has quite a few of them) I didn't have to sneak the new purchase in (I do that sometimes - spending denial, I suppose) and I set about tidying it up so that he would see what a superb little bargain we had got. 

Firstly I stripped out the old torn mouldy and very pongy liner. Gave it a good polish, scrubbed and washed its inners and set about prettying it up.  After stripping out the liner the only thing I could do with the inside was either paint it or paper it. I opted for this pretty wallpaper. I couldn't do anything with the mirror but the age spots are fine, a bit like laughter lines, they add a little charm. It now sits in the spare bedroom and is a very pretty (odourless) addition to the room and best of all, M was sold on the little bargain I had snapped up.





















Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson  – (11 September 2012 at 20:40)  

Oh for sure she is a beauty. If I had been there sorry to say that I would have been bidding against you. lol! Seriously though, she's a gem. Hopped over from Ann Maries. Now following.
Hugs,
Jann

Post a Comment