Wednesday 22 August 2012

Keeping original features

Throughout the house there are quite a few original features that we have managed to keep from it's day as an office.  

On the  door of our kitchen /diner, what was the main reception room, we have kept this sign.  I am lucky in that M does 90% of the cooking, so when I WALK IN from work each day I make it a rule to ENQUIRE "what's for dinner?"

At the back of the house there was a large walk in safe. This is still in place although it has now been split into two rooms. One, remaining a walk in safe although a great deal smaller but keeping the original safe door and the other half has been converted into a bathroom.  The safe can be a bit scary as the room vacuums - we never close the door on each other in here.  One night after having had a glass or two of the old van rouge I decided to nip (well I ran actually) to the loo before heading off up stairs for the night.  It was dark, and I ran straight into the edge of the door that was left on a jar. Thankfully the handle had not been turned and the bolts were not protruding.  All the same the collision resulted in me flat out on the floor, sporting a sizable lump for several days, and the door, you guessed it, it didn't move!  It was a very sobering experience indeed! 

This is the bathroom and it has a very high vaulted ceiling -if only I could sing because you can really belt out a tune in here. 

Post a Comment